Tuesday, March 2, 2010

February Break In London

Assalamualaikum kawan-kawan,

Since school holiday is the proposed topic, I wish to write a little about our trip to London. We went there last Thursday and just got back here on Sunday. To be honest I never thought that I would go back there again and as the plane was flying over Gatwick airport, I was having these little butterflies in my stomach, a little excited and anxious to see London again.

Like any other tourists, we went to all these places Tower Bridge, Big Ben, Tower of London, Buckingham Palace etc. They looked just the same as I remembered, but some of them were different! There were no pigeons at the Trafalgar Square anymore and somehow, Marble Arch did not look as big as I thought!! The underground is having major upgrade and caused disruptions during our journey. Oxford Street was just the same, full of people!!

I would have loved to see Greenwich and Bayswater again but we didn't have time to go there. The MSD had moved from Braynston Square (sorry, not sure of the spelling) to Bayswater. I heard that the food there and at Tok Din's Restaurant, also in Bayswater was not bad. We didn't eat there but we did eat at Jom Makan at Trafalgar Square, unfortunately the food is not so good :( My husband did bring me to Pizza Hut at Marble Arch since I used to work there as a waitress :)

4 days holiday is definitely not enough, we need to budget for more than that, especially if we want to visit down memory lane :) We went there with another family and here is some photos of us and the other couples' kids.





1 comment:

  1. Assalamu'alaikum Kak Sha!
    Lovely pics! Surely menambahkan kerinduan org2 yg merindui Kak Sha, termasuk Sham...
    Bestnya, dapat ke London semula. Nasibaik la dulu sempat berposing dgn burung2 kat Trafalgar Square tu...how I wish to be there too one day...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin